Questions to ask your venue!
When it comes to choosing a wedding venue, many different questions come to mind.
There are a few necessary questions that couples should be asking potential venues to ensure a smooth and fun day. These venues have your entire day in their hands. You don’t want to risk having any of your questions unanswered before you sign a contract.
We’ve put together a list of the top 22 questions that couples should ask when they meet with venues:
1. Is our date available?
2. How many people can the space hold? Is that number seated or standing (or both)?
3. What is the fee for renting this particular space?
4. What exactly does this fee include? Is this just a room rate, or is it all-inclusive (including catering, tables, chairs, linens, etc.)?
5. How many hours does the rental rate include? How long can our guests occupy the space?
6. How much is each additional hour after that?
7. How many parking spots are available for guests?
8. Can we use any vendor or does the venue have a list of preferred vendors?
9. Does the venue site provide all of the necessary equipment for set up and tear down for the items we provide?
10. If the ceremony and reception will be held in the same space, will the venue have enough time (and maybe even staff) to make this transition as flawless as possible?
11. How early can our vendors begin to set up the space?
12. If we have an outdoor element, does the venue provide a back-up location if the weather is uncooperative?
13. Are there any restrictions when it comes to using the space (open-flame candles, hanging decorations from the ceiling, etc.)?
14. Are there any restrictions on photography or videography?
15. Are there any noise restrictions?
16. Do we need to purchase any permits or insurance if we were to book with this particular venue?
17. Is there a bridal room and/or a groom’s suite?
18. Can we see any samples of the items you provide (this can include the tables, chairs, linens and china)?
19. How much is the deposit, should we decide to get married here?
20. When is the rest of the balance due?
21. What types of payment does the venue take (cash, check, credit card)?
22. What is your cancellation policy?
Hopefully you’ll take a few, if not all, of these questions with you when you begin searching for the perfect venue. They will definitely help you learn the most about what you can expect through each venue.